Chris Lilley, the comedian and creative force behind favourite Australian series including Summer Heights High and We Can Be Heroes and unforgettable characters like Jonah from Tonga, Mr.G and Ja'mie King is back with a brand new show set for Netflix called Lunatics.
Lunatics is Lilley's first project since 2014's Jonah from Tonga and was filmed in Queensland, adding plenty of cash into the local economy.
The series follows 6 new characters, all special in their own way.
- Keith, a fashion retail veteran embarking on a new business venture who struggles with objective sexuality issues and his deep love for a cash register.
- Becky, an extraordinarily tall University freshman embarking on life in an American college with her twin sister and dealing with social issues and life with massive legs.
- Gavin, a confronting young boy and future Earl of an English country estate dealing with the pressures of his future and trying to be a kid.
- Jana, a lesbian Pet Psychic to the Stars who from her South African home base struggles with an unrequited love for her personal assistant.
- Quentin, an incompetent real estate agent about to inherit a family business who dreams of being a world-renowned DJ and street artist.
- Joyce, an eccentric elderly ex porn star and hoarder who is now a recluse who obsessively collects things while facing an impending eviction.
Check out the trailer below and get excited, there's not long to wait as the series lands on April 19 on Netflix.