On This Week In Technology
1995 - Yahoo Launches
The Yahoo! search engine officially launches on the Internet
The Samsung S9 is out – 16th March and I was one of 10 people around Australia to spend time with it
- Its all about the camera
- Great screen – rated the best screen on the market
- Stereo speakers – our smartphones are an entertainment device
Its out March 16th and I will be at the Telstra Store Mt Barker from 8.00am that day
Facebook asked what?
- Facebook has admitted it was a “mistake” to ask users whether paedophiles requesting sexual pictures from children should be allowed on its website
- The social network ran a survey for some users asking how they thought the company should handle grooming behaviour. “There are a wide range of topics and behaviours that appear on Facebook,” one question began. “In thinking about an ideal world where you could set Facebook’s policies, how would you handle the following: a private message in which an adult man asks a 14-year-old girl for sexual pictures.”
- The options available to respondents ranged from “this content should not be allowed on Facebook, and no one should be able to see it” to “this content should be allowed on Facebook, and I would not mind seeing it”.
- PIN parental control for individual movies and series is being introduced. If you want to block a specific show from your kids then you can lock it way from them with a PIN code. That way, you can stop them from watching it until either you feel they're ready or only under your supervision.
- Movie and TV show ratings will be made more prominent when you're looking through what's available
Streaming TV devices
- The first thing with streaming tv is making sure you have a good internet connection
- If you can connect your tv to your modem / router via an Ethernet cable is ideal as wifi can be problematic
- When you have bought a TV it may offer you channels such as Netflix , SBS on demand and iView
- However these may stop working overtime so you may need to buy a device that connects to your hdmi port on your tv
- Apple TV , Google Chromecast and the Telstra Tv are all great devices and will give you all the channels such as Netflix , Stan etc
For more from Richard, visit www.adelaidetechguy.com.au