On This Week In Technology
October 9, 1876- First Phone Call Over Outdoor Wires
- Alexander Graham Bell and Thomas Watson demonstrate the first two-way phone call over outdoor wires.
Subject:5 Things You Should Not Be Doing – its Cyber Safety Week BTW
- Using the same login credentials forever
- Not protecting your phones login screen – pin or fingerprint
- Not using 2 factor authentication
- Sharing too much information
- Using wifi without thinking – the dangers of free wifi
Subject: A tale of 2 products that are coming
Google Clips - Google has come out with a camera that uses artificial intelligence to capture intimate moments that you aren’t able to get on your own. If your dog or baby is camera-shy, you can plant the Google Clips camera somewhere nearby to automatically take photos for you.
- The camera is trained to capture soundless videos of faces and pets that it recognizes and deems “interesting.”
- Is this good or a bit creepy ????
Pixel Buds – wireless earbuds – play music take calls but if you have a pixel phone you can get real time translation of other languages – a ground breaker
Subject: 2 Quick Points – Windows 10 News
- Windows 10 update will start on Oct 16th – it will be large – several gb and will require a reboot to update you to the latest features and security functions
- Windows 10 users will also discover that video editing will be returning to Windows computers through Photos – we have not had that since Windows Movie Maker
For more from Richard, visit www.adelaidetechguy.com.au
Subscribe for FREE to The Power Pack's podcast. Seach "Power Pack" in iTunes or your favourite podcast app