On This Day in the 90's
- 37.7°C in Leicestershire, UK: record.
- Metallica held a playback party to launch their self-titled album at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic from Nirvana both attended.
- "Unforgiven" directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman premieres in Los Angeles.
- Apple introduces the Newton MessagePad, one of the world’s first Personal Digital Assistants (PDA).
- 39.1°C in Tokyo, Japan: record.
- "The Macarena" begins its reign atop the U.S. pop charts (60 weeks on the Billboard 100).
- American Andre Agassi wins the men's singles Tennis gold medal at the Atlanta Olympics beating Spaniard Sergi Bruguera 6-2, 6-3, 6-1.
- Garth Brooks performs a free concert in NYC's Central Park for HBO.
- Rodney William "Rod" Ansell, Australian bushman and inspiration for "Crocodile Dundee", dies following a shootout with police officers at 44.
...and THAT's what happend on August 3, during the 90's!