On This Day in the 90's
- Last Citroen 2CV, known as the “Tin Snail”, rolls off the line in Portugal
- White-Russia (Belarus) declares independence
- TV Guide publishes its 2000th edition
- Nelson Mandela says a general strike will go ahead to protest for the removal of South African President F. W. de Klerk from power and for free elections
- Barcelona Olympic records:
- Japanese swimmer Kyoko Iwasaki wins the 200m breaststroke to become the youngest to win an Olympic gold medal at 14 years-6 days
- The Unified Team swam a world record 4x200m freestyle (7:11.95)
- NBC TV awarded 1996 Olympic coverage for $456 million
- Javier Sotomayor jumps world record 2.45 m high
- Mafia bombs historical buildings in Rome, Milan and Vatican City
- 28th San Diego Comic-Con International opens at San Diego Convention Center
- Bomb explodes at Atlanta Olympic Park, 1 killed, 110 injured
- The Spice Girls scored their first No.1 UK single with 'Wannabe'
- 84th Tour de France won by Jan Ullrich of Germany
- The U.S. space shuttle Discovery completed a five-day mission commanded by Air Force Col. Eileen Collins. It was the first shuttle mission to be commanded by a woman.
- Tony Hawk is the first skateboarder to land a "900"
...and THAT's what happend on July 27, during the 90's!