Local News

It Is Too Early to Bring Footy Back - Poll Results

Completed Adelaide Oval 2014 cropped and rotated

The majority of our readers are not keen to see the resumption of professional football as the country continues to tackle COVID-19.

In our online poll over the past week we have been asking ‘Is it too early to bring the footy back?’ with the season recommencing on June 11 following a suspension in March.

Of the 153 poll respondents, 80 per cent said “yes, it's too early” while the other 20 per cent said “no, bring it on!”

From today, Monday 25 May, the AFL is set to release the first part of its revised 2020 fixture list, which includes a Crows/ Port Power showdown in Adelaide on June 13.

Contact training also commences from today for two weeks until the season re-starts.

All players and returning football staff are being tested for coronavirus twice a week in training and playing.